StreetGames is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection laws. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, and how it will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data. The data controller of the personal data referred to in this policy is StreetGames UK Ltd, 61 Mosley Street, 4th Floor Woolwich House, Manchester, M2 3HZ.
Collection of personal data
Information provided to us while using the StreetGames website, joining the network, subscribing to StreetGames newsletters, booking onto events, volunteering at events, attending training courses and or requesting any services we offer will be collected by us.
We may also collect personal data for the following:
- We may ask you for information when you make a complaint and, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys that we use for research purposes and provide a better experience.
- So we can send you email newsletters that you request and other communications we send to you including text messages.
- Information from partners and third parties where you’ve given consent to those other organisations sharing information with us, and where those organisations lawfully share your information with us.
How we will use your information and how it will be processed
StreetGames will use your personal information to:
- Carry out StreetGames’ obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and StreetGames
- Authenticate you when you register for services
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from StreetGames or which we feel may be relevant to you based on previously accessed services, where we are legally entitled to do so
- Allow you to participate with interactive features of the StreetGames website, when you choose to do so
Notify you about changes to StreetGames’ services and when new services are available
- To segment your personal data to make sure that you only receive information that is relevant to you. i.e. regionally
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data described above depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will only use your personal information where we:
- Have your consent to do so
- Need the personal data to perform a contract with you
- Need to process your personal information for StreetGames’ legitimate interests and only where StreetGames’ legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- Have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you
- Need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time, and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information.
The security of your Information
StreetGames will take all steps reasonably necessary including policies, procedures and security features to ensure that your data is treated securely and protected from unauthorised and unlawful access and/or use, and in accordance with this notice.
Where any payments are being collected on StreetGames’ behalf, we require StreetGames’ payment providers to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security standards (PCI-DSS).
Recipients of personal data
We will share information about you with some of StreetGames’ suppliers who process data on the organisation’s behalf to help StreetGames to provide services to you. We undertake this data sharing on the basis of StreetGames legitimate interests.
Categories of organisation and purpose:
- Online learning hosting systems/companies – to enable you to take part in online training and learning
- Online booking systems/companies – to enable you to book on events and training courses
- Monitoring systems/companies – to enable us to monitor partner activity to satisfy funders and do research/analysis of the data
- PR/Marketing agencies – to provide relevant content to news agencies
- Website hosting companies – to host StreetGames digital platforms (e.g. StreetGames website)
- Email broadcasting systems/companies – to send emails to you
- SMS broadcasting systems/companies – to send SMS and text messages to you
- Market research companies – to undertake research of you
- Social media companies (e.g. Facebook/Twitter) – to verify your identify when you register on events/training/websites using ‘register with’ functions and to provide you with relevant social media posts
International transfer of personal data
We do not envisage transferring any information about or relating to individuals to anyone who is located outside of the European Economic Area.
However, on some occasions, the information we collect may be transferred to organisations who may store and use such data at premises in other countries. If we allow an organisation to process your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that we create and maintain appropriate safeguards with those organisations so that your personal information is subject to the same standards and protections as when we are processing your personal information inside the European Economic Area through agreements.
Data retention period
We will hold information about you in StreetGames’ data systems only for as long as we need it for the purpose for which we collected it, which is as follows:
- As long as you continue to use StreetGames’ services we will retain and process information about you. In such cases, you will be considered to be an ‘active’. If you have not been ‘active’ for a period of time based on data type and need,e will anonymise any personal data relating to you.
- Personal data linked to the processing of insurance claims, subject access requests, disputes, safeguarding investigations, disciplinary or police matters will only be kept for as long as it necessary for those purposes, as each is applicable.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
Data protection laws grant you certain ‘information rights’, which are listed below:
- Right of access – You have the right to obtain a copy of information we hold about you
- Right of rectification or erasure – If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You also have a right to ask us to erase information about you where you can demonstrate that the data we hold is no longer needed by us, or if you withdraw the consent upon which StreetGames’ processing is based, or if you feel that we are unlawfully processing your data. Please note that we may be entitled to retain your personal data despite your request, for example if we are under a separate legal obligation to retain it. Your right of rectification and erasure extends to anyone we have disclosed your personal information to and we will take all reasonable steps to inform those with whom we have shared their data about your request for erasure.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data where you contest its accuracy, or the processing is unlawful and you have opposed its erasure, or where we do not need to hold your data any longer but you need us to in order to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims, or we are in dispute about the legality of StreetGames’ processing your personal data.
- Right to Portability – You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means. This is called a data portability request.
- Right to Object – You have a right to object to StreetGames’ processing your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data where the processing is based on consent.
- Right of Complaint – You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk
- Right to Opt-out of Marketing Communications – You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
How to contact StreetGames
If you wish to contact StreetGames about your personal data or to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact: email@example.com
Or write to us at StreetGames UK Ltd, 61 Mosley Street, 4th Floor Woolwich House, Manchester, M2 3HZ.